Now, as we all know the government policies are getting strict (especially the GMADA action taken by the Mohali Development Authority), is really a good and smart move for making the city safe from any kind of nuisance being created or any kind of crime taking place in the city from any kind of outsider living in the Paying Guest Accommodations which are unregistered.
So, for that reason the policies against the paying guest accommodation have been amended and we would like to give you a brief of that.
- So, first of all it should be clear that Paying Guest accommodation is a place( room, which is single of shared) where any person can stay for a specific period of time with the owner’s permission.
- The owner cannot make the paying guest go out of the place without any notice. He should inform him/her in advance.
- The owner of the paying guest accommodation must be the owner or member of the house living there.
- The owner should maintain proper cleanliness at his place for the guests.
- 50 sq. ft shall be the minimum area that can be used by any of the paying guest staying at the place.
- 7½ Marla shall be the minimum area of the paying guest accommodation and some part of it must be used by the owner itself.
- The residential properties which are sanctioned as per building Bye-laws can have the PGs only.
- There must be discipline, peace and harmony at the PG which is for the welfare of the whole society and all of these things should be looked after by the owner itself.
- List of paying guests living in the house/accommodation shall be provided to the concerned SHO of the area by the owner of the place.
- Information about available and occupied accommodation shall also be provided by the owner to the concerned SHO along with the current tariff plan.
- Proper police verification must be done of all the candidates with their legal IDs.
Now Some Policies That Should Be Followed By The Paying Guest
- The paying guest himself has to take care of the behaviour and ethics so that there must be proper peace and discipline at the place where he is staying.
- The paying guest should not be indulged in any kind of illegal activities inside the accommodation.
- He must submit his proper ids and contact number of his/her guardian to the owner as it may be needed in case of emergencies.
- No candidate can run his/her own kitchen at the paying guest accommodation.
Some Other Important Policies
- The paying guest accommodation shall be open and transparent with regard to all the documentation and rules to be obliged.
- If there is any kind of fraud of fault from the accommodation’s end, the GMADA may stop that accommodation for any further use.
- All the rules laid by the government should be strictly followed otherwise it may lead to cancellation of license of the PG.